Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A time for everything...

Tonight I had the privilege to see the people from "Father's House" orphanage have a time of celebration for my new daughter Kayla as she gets ready to transition to life in our family. It was a good farewell, with people sharing from their hearts to her, and also frankly challenging her about submission to her new parents, in being diligent to learn the language, in cautioning her not to forget the Lord's work in her while at "Father's House". We closed out the time with some great food from the people in her "family group" and lots of smiles and curiosity in trying out their best English words with Kayla's new Dad.

In addition, my brief conversations with the leading pastor over the orphanage and his associate tonight led to them asking if I would teach to the "town hall church" that God has begun there across the street from the orphanage. I replied, "When is it that you would like for me to teach?"
"Tuesday," they replied.
"Oh, that's tomorrow-well, certainly." Laughter and smiles erupt in the room. So, if you will be praying along with me- for wisdom from His Spirit in this new opportunity. They have been teaching through a series, and asked if I wanted to teach their passages, or if I wanted to share my own. I am seeking for God to align my heart with His heart, my words with His word, and my steps with His steps at this time and this place.

Grace,
Chris

John 4:34 "Jesus said to them, ' My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work.' "

3 comments:

Nichols Family said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying for tomorrow and that God will allow all who touch your documents will find peace and joy in helping you get them done faster and you can come home soon. We all miss you and can't wait for us all to be together. We are praying for tomorrow night when you teach at Kayla's church gathering that God will speak through you and touch all that attend. Thanks for being a great dad and husband! We love you!

Jeri said...

What a blessing that you're experiencing a Christian orphanage. Your children are so fortunate. May more and more of Ukrainian's orphans have the same blessing.

The Joneses said...

May our great Lord and Saviour and Father to all guide you and direct you and place His powerful words in your mouth as you minister and teach. May He give you the spirit of peace and grace, leading you as you tread the waters of frustration there in the Ukraine. We continually hold you up and your family up in prayer!

He is Risen!