Thursday, April 9, 2009

Decreed!




It's really late, or really early. Either way-this is going to be a short summary of the day. Wake up (why am i feeling like I just went to bed?) Now- get ready (my body thinks it's midnight), get going, take a tram (don't let the lady in the photo catch you without a punch on your ticket or you are in trouble!) meet Yuriy at Obolonski...No- just wait there. He will be there in 15 minutes. No, now kill an hour in a shopping area while he waits on the court helpers. No, wait another hour-spend it writing some thoughts, praying, memorizing, watching Ukrainians, trying to memorize Ukrainian words. Okay-to the courthouse, climb, sign, wait,wait, and finally GET the decree!!!
Now- on to the "Zoggs" office for birth certificate work, but they can't have it ready till the morning. Sigh... Go get my newly found luggage on the other side of Kiev. Yeah!! Go to the SDA downtown to drop off copies of court decree for them. Now go to the apartment across the river. Call Oleg P. our former exchange student to se if he can help me get out to see Kayla since Yuriy has a conflict tonight. Take a tram, take the Metro, take a taxi...try to remember the turns to tell him to make. Get a great hug from my new daughter and spend a good time of conversation with her. Try and understand the feelings she is having, think through upcoming departure plans, and try to talk through the anxiety she feels. Prayers, hugs, down the steps and back to a taxi, back to the Metro, get off too early and hike a mile with Oleg to eat something. Walk back 4 blocks to get the Metro again. Part with Oleg and get on the last Metro train. Get to my stop across the river and realize the trams don't run here after midnight. Walk home.
Blog.
Goodnight!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped."

Chris

3 comments:

Chris G. said...

As I read this entry just before turning in for the night, I am laughing and rejoicing that one more step is behind you. Congratulations on receiving the decree and knowing that its officially official.

BTW, the supper sneaky Bourne-ish iPhone photos of the train lady are the bomb!

"Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. With your mighty arm you redeemed your people...." Psalm 77:13-15

Brian Wickersham said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading everywhere you had to go in one day. Wonderful to hear about the progress being made!

Dunham Family said...

Rejoicing with you!